Re: Windcone reading
|Subject||Re: Windcone reading|
|Fromemail@example.com (Andrew Beattie)|
|Date||13 Oct 1997 20:45:44 +0100|
Kurt Svensson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > Does anyone know how to determine the windspeed from a windcone?
You can tell the windspeed at a kite festival by observation of your surroundings:
- Beer sales increase [ smoke rises vertically from the safety tent. - A ]
- Banners start to rustle, annoyingly.
- Carbon kites fly, poorly
- Fibreglass kites fly, poorly
- Ultralight kites break
- Novice buggiers get injured
- Lynn kite breaks free destroying property
- Cabanas collapse
- Swivel on spinsock seizes
- Sleeved Spectra snaps in the middle
- Gyrokite flies, poorly
- Beer sales increase
You owe the Kite oracle four Uberraschungseier to supply components for his home-made Anometer
-- Have you got your rec.kites Tshirt yet? http://www.kfs.org/kites/shirt For sale: Prototype Lynn N-Gen 3.6m^2. Excellent price. Mail for details. I offer free advice by email on all aspects of traction kiteing. Feel free to drop me a line...